Saturday, November 10, 2012

Why you invite single guys to baby showers

Not so long ago I mentioned to my colleague's wife that I went to a friend's baby shower (lets call her Samantha).  Somewhat surprised she asked me why I was invited to a baby shower, because traditionally men are not invited.  The conversation went something like this:

Me: "Why wouldn't you invite men, it's like receiving free money."

Samantha: "What?"

Me: "Guys, especially single guys, don't know what they're doing.  They don't know anything about baby stuff.  So point them to the baby registry and they will spend their vast disposable income for you.  In the event that they can't find the baby registry, or don't want to go to the store, they give you a gift card to Target or something.  In other words, free money."

Samantha: "Damn, I need to invite you to my next baby shower.  But I'd feel bad, you probably wouldn't enjoy the party, it's very girly."

Me: "If you invite 1 single woman to the party, your obligation has been met."


No comments:

Post a Comment