Sunday, September 7, 2014

Best Ramen in the San Francisco Bay Area

I've been scouring the bay area for the best ramen for quite some time, my current list of my top places:

  1. Halu Ramen, San Jose
  2. Ramen Dojo, San Mateo
  3. Dohatsuten, Palo Alto
  4. Santa Ramen, San Mateo
  5. Orenchi Ramen, Santa Clara
  6. Ramen Shop, Oakland
  7. Ramen Parlor, San Mateo
  8. Ryowa, Mountain View
  9. Shalala, Mountain View
  10. Men Oh Tokushima Ramen, San Francisco
  11. Maru Ichi, Milpitas
  12. Ramen Bar, San Francisco
Most people in the San Francisco bay area tend to agree that Ramen Dojo and Orenchi Ramen are the best ones around.  For whatever reason, I just love Halu Ramen a bit more.  I can't explain why.  You know what they sometimes, if something is hyped up it can affect your perception of a restaurant.

Ramen Shop is pretty famous because several alumni of Chez Panisse run the restaurant, but I thought it was a notch below the others.

Take the ordering with a grain of salt, it's more about general feel that "these few are near the top of the list, these are in the middle, and these are at the bottom".  To be very honest, the only places I was sure about with the ranks were Halu Ramen being #1 and Ramen Bar being last.

Places not yet listed, but I haven't yet gotten to include

Ramen Underground, San Francisco
Katana-Ya, San Francisco
Kotetsu, Santa Clara


No comments:

Post a Comment